Brain Injury Australia invites people with a brain injury, their family members, researchers, clinicians, allied health professionals, service providers and policymakers to submit a presentation proposal for its 7th National Brain Injury Conference – to be held, in partnership with the Melbourne Disability Institute, in the 500-seat B117 Lecture Theatre at the Melbourne School of Design on The University of Melbourne’s campus in Parkville on Monday 28th and Tuesday 29th October 2019.
Brain Injury Australia’s Conference has become one of the premier learning and development events on the disability calendar – driving improvements in services and supports for the over 700,000 Australians living with a brain injury, their families and carers.
Share your knowledge with a large national and international audience. Connect with people with lived experience of brain injury as well as colleagues from the healthcare and disability sectors, research and government. Network with potential collaborators, and funders. Gain recognition as an expert in your chosen field.
Presenters to the Conference are not required to pay registration.
The Conference organisers would especially welcome proposals in the following subject areas:
- the lived experience of brain injury – consumers, significant others, family members;
- innovations in evidence-based approaches to the treatment, rehabilitation and overall care of people with a brain injury;
- the National Disability Insurance Scheme;
- “mild” traumatic brain injury/ post-concussion syndrome;
- peer supports, mentoring of people with a brain injury;
- brain injury in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities;
- management of “challenging behaviours”;
- domestic and family violence and brain injury;
- alcohol and other drug-related brain injury;
- brain injury in the military; and
- the prevention of brain injury.
The Conference will have varied presentations including panels and single speaker sessions. Your proposal can be: an oral presentation; a “snapshot” (a 10-15 minute overview of a under acknowledged topic, or a research finding, in brain injury); the “Consumer Opening Address” to the Conference (by someone with lived experience of the disability); or a topic for a panel discussion.
Each proposal will be assessed by the Conference’s Organising Committee, comprising representatives from Brain Injury Australia and the Melbourne Disability Institute.
The deadline for presentation submissions is 5pm Monday 1st July 2019.
Presenters will be notified of acceptance before 5 pm Monday 15th July 2019.
For any enquiries regarding presentation submissions or the Conference program, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For all general enquiries about the Conference, please contact: email@example.com
Submissions can only be made via the Conference’s website and cannot be accepted via email. Please submit your presentation, here.
We look forward to seeing you at the 7th National Brain Injury Conference in Melbourne in October.