Brain Injury Australia, again in partnership with Informa Australia, is pleased to announce the 5th Annual National Acquired Brain Injury Conference, to be held on the 24th and 25th of October 2017, at the Rendezvous Hotel in Melbourne. Brain Injury Australia is the chief non-financial sponsor of the Conference and its Executive Officer, Nick Rushworth, will chair the conference. The Conference now welcomes submissions of papers that will address key strategies for managing the changing needs of people with a brain injury, including innovative models of care and support.
The National Acquired Brain Injury Conference provides an opportunity to share the latest news and developments for acquired brain injury in areas such as research, advocacy, rehabilitation, treatment, best practice, case studies, and policy from across the country, and much more.
The Conference producers would especially welcome presentation proposals in the following subject areas:
• The lived experience of acquired brain injury – presentations by consumers
• Optimising access and planning with the National Disability Insurance Scheme
• Enabling client choice and control
• Return to work
• Return to sport/physical activity
• Post-concussion syndrome/“mild” traumatic brain injury
• Behavioural interventions
• Family violence and brain injury
• Best practice peer supports
• Alcohol and other drug-related brain injury
• Brain injury and mental health
• Innovative service models
• Accommodation for people post-discharge
To submit a presentation topic please complete this proposal form by Friday 23rd June and send to Lisa.Hedlund@informa.com.au For more information about the 5th Annual National Acquired Brain Injury Conference, visit here, or contact Lisa Hedlund at Informa Australia on (02) 9080 4300.
Registrations for the event have opened. Save $660.00 with the super early bird pricing for the full two-day Conference by registering by Friday 28th July. As with last year’s conference, Informa Australia is generously offering a “concession rate for a person with disability, their family and carers” of $100.00 plus GST.
If you are interested in receiving the Conference program, click here to have a copy sent to you when it’s completed.